Question by Karin: Cat questions?
These are some questions about cats that I’ve wondered about for a while, or it’s a “what’s your opinion” question, or just something random lol.
1. Why is it really common for siamese cats to be cross-eyed?
2. Do you think it’s cute when cats “bark” (like when they see a bird outside)?
3. How old did your oldest cat live to be? What breed was it? Name? Ages you were when you had it?
4. It seems pretty common for certain breeds of cats to have certain names… For example, I’ve “met” many orange tabby cats named Oscar. And of course, black cats are often called “Shadow” or “Midnight” or something like that. Black and white, “Oreo”… What are some that you’ve noticed?
5. Why are kittens so friggin cute?! lol :p
6. How the heck do you train your cat to use the toilet… o_O? I’ve always found that really odd (also when dogs do that too).
OK, I can’t think of anymore right now.
This isn’t a question, just a somewhat ironic story…
My sister has two cats, Pumpkin (male orange tabby) and Peepers (female fat striped cat). She’s had Peepers since she was a kitten (so she’s like 15 years old or so). Peepers is overweight and old lol… Pumpkin, on the other hand, was a stray and she adopted him. He’s had some bad health problems (used to have kitty asthma, some cat beat him up so he got wounds on his back, and a few other things). He’s only about 6 years old. I was just talking to my sister a few days ago and she was telling me about how Pumpkin has something wrong with his kidneys. The ironic part? Peepers is old and fat, yet she’s perfectly healthy, whereas Pumpkin is younger and not so fat, but he seems to have tons of health issues.
Holy crap pura, 30 years old! WOW. I wish Tasha had lived to be that old (a cat I had since I was 3 and she was almost a year old… she died when she was about 15, two years ago or so).
Answer by AVAG
I don’t know why Siamese cats are cross eyed, but I think it’s cute when cats bark (mine actually growled) when they see something they don’t like outside.
My cat, Lucky lived to be 15, the vet said he had the internal organs of a very fit 2 year old cat, but took a brain tumour. He was a gorgeous tabby cat and I had him from when I was 20 to 35.
My sister had a black cat called Sooty and I know of some white cats called Snowy and Grey ones Smokie.
I love cute kittens and all the things they get up to – they just steal your heart and you can’t help but love them.
Sorry, I don’t know how you toilet train a cat as mine did that automatically – he cried at door to get out – never messed in the house and wouldn’t use a litter tray – wish I could help you on that one.
Give your answer to this question below!