Question by dmfighter: CAt questions?
I have questions about my seven month old kitten:
1. is it okay to spank your cat?if no, then why?
2. How do you tame your cat so that it comes to you if you call his/her name?
3How do you make a cat a outside cat?how you make him/her come back to the house?
4hOW YOU TRAIN A CAT TO NOT RUN OUTSIDE(my cat runs out every time we open the door, and she knows when we try to catch her and runs away from our reach?
Answer by paintedrain2
1. No, you’ll only wind up with a cat who’s afraid of you. Use your voice, not your strength.
2. The cat has to learn his name first, and in all truth, cats won’t always come when they’re called. They’re not as obedient as dogs.
3. You slowly get the cat adjusted to the outdoors, while supervised. Preferably on a leash/harness until you feel he understands the boundaries.
4. Consider purchasing a baby gate to block off the front door.
Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!